Chinese medicine regarded watercress as cool in nature and pleasantly sweet in taste. Watercress, seemingly, has a cooling effect on our body system and helps to lubricate the lungs and relieve cough.
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (4 /5)
- (4 Rating)
- 2 bunches of watercress vegetables
- 1500ml water
- 220g spare ribs
- 20g red dates
- 2 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1. Rinse the meat with salt water.
- 2. Blanch meat over boiling water for a minute. Scoop it out and go to step 3.
- 3. Bring water to a boil. Add red dates and meat into the pot and let it boil for 15 – 20 minutes.
- 4. Add soya sauce.
- 5. If you prefer the taste of softened watercress vegetable, by all means prolong your boil. OR
- 6. Put in vegetables only when you are ready to serve. So that watercress vegetable will be fresh and crunchy - Remember to re-heat your soup first before putting in watercress vegetable.
Not knowing what to cook during family and friends gathering? Try this great nasi lemak...
Besides using turmeric powder to enhance the colour of the kuni fish, turmeric is also...
The elderly believed that leeches like to hide in kang kong stem. So, we will...
Chef tips: It is easier to cook if you buy the rough texture long beans....