Salted rice recipe is simply just so easy to cook. You can marinate the chicken and Chinese sausage in the morning and cook the rice in the evening when you are back home from a busy day. All you need to take note is the initial 7 to 8 minutes. Make sure the rice water is boiling, then add the ingredients on top of the rice. And leave all the cooking to the rice cooker till you are ready to eat your meal.
- (4.7 /5)
- (10 Rating)
- 250g rice
- 150g slice chicken fillet or breast meat
- 1pc slice chinese sausage (Lap Cheong)
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon black sauce
- 2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 3 dashes of pepper
- 1 teaspoon shallot oil (cooking oil is fine too)
- 350ml water
- 1. Marinate chicken and Chinese sausage with soya sauce, black sauce, oyster, sesame oil, corn flour, pepper and shallot oil or cooking oil for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Cook the rice with water until water starts to boil, add and spread the marinated chicken and sausage over the rice.
- 3. When the rice is cooked, do not off the switch yet. Continue to let the rice sit in the rice cooker for at least 10minutes.
- 4. Stir the rice till evenly coated with black sauce.
- 5. Garnish with cut chili and spring onion and serve.
Not knowing what to cook during family and friends gathering? Try this great nasi lemak...
Besides using turmeric powder to enhance the colour of the kuni fish, turmeric is also...
The elderly believed that leeches like to hide in kang kong stem. So, we will...
Chef tips: It is easier to cook if you buy the rough texture long beans....