The unforgettable taste of Yoshinoya Japan right in your own kitchen! Learn to cook the Japanese-style braised beef brisket with this recipe. The braised beef is delicious and nutritious, and is great with rice, porridge or simply as a side dish.
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (4.3 /5)
- (4 Rating)
- 200g thinly sliced beef (preferably brisket)
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon shoyu
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 90g white onion
- 10g grated ginger
- 150ml water
- ½ teaspoon dashi
- 1. Marinate the beef with teriyaki sauce, sake, mirin, shoyu, corn flour for 30 minutes.
- 2. Add water, grated ginger, dashi and onion in a pot. Cover and boil for 5 minutes in small fire.
- 3. Turn to medium fire and put in the marinated beef to cook together with the onion. Stir fry it till the beef is well cooked or medium rare (up to your preference).
Not knowing what to cook during family and friends gathering? Try this great nasi lemak...
Besides using turmeric powder to enhance the colour of the kuni fish, turmeric is also...
The elderly believed that leeches like to hide in kang kong stem. So, we will...
Chef tips: It is easier to cook if you buy the rough texture long beans....