Cook and share this popular Thai red ruby dessert with your loved ones. Instead of following the recipe using water chestnut, you can also use sweet turnip to make red ruby dessert. It tastes equally delicious and yummy. Go straight to step 3 if you are using sweet turnip.
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Advanced
- (4.5 /5)
- (11 Rating)
- 500g water chestnut
- 200ml coconut milk
- 400ml water (step 4)
- 100g rock sugar
- 150g tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoon red color
- 250 – 300ml hot water (step 6)
- 700 – 900ml water (step 7)
- 1. Soak, scrub and rinse at least four times or till clean to clear away the soil.
- 2. Cut away water chestnut skin. (Keep aside and see water chestnut drink)
- 3. Dice and cut water chestnut into cubes. Set aside.
- 4. Bring water to a boil and add in sugar. Set aside to cool.
- 5. Blanch the cube water chestnut in a hot pot of water.
- 6. Add red color to the water chestnut in the hot water and mix well. Take water chestnut out and coat them with tapioca flour. Put aside.
- 7. Bring water to a boil and cook the coated chestnut, which will form red rubies.
- 8. Strain and cool the red rubies in icy cold water.
- 9. Scoop red rubies into a bowl, add sugar syrup and coconut milk and a pinch of salt.
- 10. Serve cold by adding some ice into red ruby dessert.
- Servings : 7-8
- Course : Desserts
Not knowing what to cook during family and friends gathering? Try this great nasi lemak...
Besides using turmeric powder to enhance the colour of the kuni fish, turmeric is also...
The elderly believed that leeches like to hide in kang kong stem. So, we will...
Chef tips: It is easier to cook if you buy the rough texture long beans....