This is a must try ko rou bao recipe for the whole family to relax and enjoy occasionally. If you are worried about the fats, drink some chinese tea so that you will not feel so guilty.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- (7 Rating)
- 1kg pork (buy 500g -- three layered pork ( 三层肉) , 500g -- half meat, half fat (五花肉) Note: Cut approximate 2 cm thick
- 4g cinnamon (肉 桂)
- 3g star anise (八 角)
- 5 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 550ml water
- 4 teaspoon of corn flour and 3 tablespoon of water
- 10g rock sugar
- 1. Use knife to scrap the skin.
- 2. Season the pork with cinnamon, star anise, dark soya sauce and salt for approximate 15 minutes.
- 3. Stir fry the meat with medium fire for about 10 minutes.
- 4. Transfer the meat to a pot, add water and let it simmer for 1 hour.
- 5. Add corn flour mixture and simmer it for another 15 minutes.
- 6. Add rock sugar and let it simmer for another 15 minutes.
- 7. Serve it with steam buns.
- Servings : 7
- Course : Appetisers
Not knowing what to cook during family and friends gathering? Try this great nasi lemak...
Besides using turmeric powder to enhance the colour of the kuni fish, turmeric is also...
The elderly believed that leeches like to hide in kang kong stem. So, we will...
Chef tips: It is easier to cook if you buy the rough texture long beans....