Pour the coconut mixture while is hot as the coconut will float to the top of agar agar mixture
Gula Melaka Agar Agar Recipe (正 椰 糖 – 馬 六 甲)
- Difficulty Level Advanced
- (4.3 /5)
- (14 Rating)
- 1200ml water
- 30g agar agar strip
- 160g gula Melaka (about 2 pcs)
- 270ml coconut (can packaging)
- 40g rock sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1. Boil 200ml water with small fire to melt gula Melaka. Set aside.
- 2. Soak agar agar strip for 10 minutes.
- 3. Boil 1000ml water to melt agar agar strip.
- 4. Add rock sugar into agar agar mixture. Stir till it melts. Set aside.
- 5. Scoop out 300ml agar agar mixture (using this agar agar to mix with coconut later). Set aside.
- 6. Pour the gula Melaka mixture (Step 1) into the agar agar mixture (Step 4). Continue to stir and let gula Melaka boil for 1 minute. Set aside.
- 7. Boil 300ml agar agar mixture (Step 5) with coconut. Continue to stir and add salt.
- 8. Scoop the gula Melaka mixture (Step 6) into the mould as first layer. Follow by coconut agar agar mixture (Step 7) as second layer.
- 9. Keep in the fridge. Serve chilled.
Not knowing what to cook during family and friends gathering? Try this great nasi lemak...
Besides using turmeric powder to enhance the colour of the kuni fish, turmeric is also...
The elderly believed that leeches like to hide in kang kong stem. So, we will...
Chef tips: It is easier to cook if you buy the rough texture long beans....