This fried Hokkien Mee recipe is delectable. It doesn’t have the strong kee smell, which you will often taste it in yellow noodle. Consider to cook this mouthwatering dish, which usually can be found only in zi char stalls or restaurants, for your beloved family and friends. Best fried Hookien Mee right in your kitchen.
Fried Hokkien Mee Recipe
Published on August 4, 2014 | By Foodclappers |0 Comments
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Advanced
- (4.6 /5)
- (15 Rating)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 100g chopped garlic
- 3pcs fresh fish cake (slice thinly)
- 220g lean meat (瘦肉) (slice thinly)
- 200g prawns (devined)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1kg handmade flat noodle (buy from wet market)
- 350g cai xin
- 800ml water
- 2pcs small rock sugar
- 3 teaspoon black soya sauce
- ½ teaspoon mushroom seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of chinese cooking wine
- 1. Rinse the noodle with water. Let the water drip-dry.
- 2. Wash and cut the cai xin into approximate 5cm. Set aside.
- 3. Stir fried garlic with 1 tablespoon oil.
- 4. Add lean meat and stirred fried till it almost cooked, add in prawns.
- 5. Stirred fried till prawns almost cook, add in fish cake. Stirred fried till all cooked, scooped it out and set aside.
- 6. Add 3 tablespoon of oil and stir-fry the remaining garlic till slight brown.
- 7. Add in noodle and evenly stir-fry it.
- 8. Add in the fried lean meat, prawns and fish cake. Stir-fry it uniformly.
- 9. Add in water. Cover the wok and let it simmer for 10 minutes in low fire. (Stir the noodle occasionally.)
- 10. Add in rock sugar, cai xin and black soya sauce. Stir-fry the ingredients evenly.
- 11. Add in chinese cooking wine and stir-fry it consistently.
- 12. Serve.
- Servings : 10
- Course : Main Course
Nasi Lemak Recipe
Not knowing what to cook during family and friends gathering? Try this great nasi lemak...
Fried Kuni Fish Recipe
Besides using turmeric powder to enhance the colour of the kuni fish, turmeric is also...
Stir-Fried Kang Kong Recipe
The elderly believed that leeches like to hide in kang kong stem. So, we will...
Stir Fried Long Bean with Dried Shrimps Recipe
Chef tips: It is easier to cook if you buy the rough texture long beans....
Rate this recipe
15 People rated this recipe
(4.6 / 5)
No comments yet.