Why pay 60 cents for a stick of satay when you can make 40 sticks at home for less than 10 dollars? This chicken satay with ketupat recipe contains a mixture of spices to further enhance the flavour of the chicken. You just need some patience skewing the chicken. However, this can be a great time of bonding with friends or kids.
Chicken Satay with Ketupat Recipe
Published on November 12, 2014 | By Foodclappers |0 Comments
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Advanced
- (4.4 /5)
- (14 Rating)
- 300g chicken breast meat, cut into small pieces (removed skin – keep aside)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 2 teaspoons oil or chicken skin
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 slices ginger, diced
- 1 stalk lemon grass, diced
- 2 slices galangal (lengkuas), diced
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 bottle of ready-made peanut sauce, mix it with ¾ to 1 cup of water.
- 4 pressed rice cake (ketupat)
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 1 big onion, sliced
- 1. Wash the chicken with salt, drain and use a kitchen towel to pat dry.
- 2. Blend all ingredients in (A).
- 3. Stir in salt, sugar, brown sugar and corn flour into the chicken.
- 4. Add in blended ingredients and either oil or chicken skin. Leave it to marinate for about 120 minutes.
- 5. Preheat the oven – grill mode at 180 degree for about 5-10 minutes.
- 6. Skew pieces of chicken on satay sticks.
- 7. Brush the satay with vegetable oil
- 8. Place the satay at the very top of the rack.
- 9. Grill it for about 10-15 minutes on each side.
- 10. Heat ready-made peanut sauce with water, until thickened.
- 11. Serve with ketupat, cucumbers and onions.
- Servings : ≈ 40 sticks
- Course : Appetisers, Finger Food
Nasi Lemak Recipe
Not knowing what to cook during family and friends gathering? Try this great nasi lemak...
Fried Kuni Fish Recipe
Besides using turmeric powder to enhance the colour of the kuni fish, turmeric is also...
Stir-Fried Kang Kong Recipe
The elderly believed that leeches like to hide in kang kong stem. So, we will...
Stir Fried Long Bean with Dried Shrimps Recipe
Chef tips: It is easier to cook if you buy the rough texture long beans....
Rate this recipe
14 People rated this recipe
(4.4 / 5)
No comments yet.